Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Helping Friends with College Funds

I am a 39 year old college student and single mother. I will be graduating with a 3.9 GPA from Northern michigan university and continuing for a master's degree in behavioral analysis this fall. Unfortunately I do not qualify for any financial help with the costs of my schooling and regardless of the costs I refuse to give up on my dream of achieving my PhD. The costs of books and tuition is approximately 12,000 per year and I am currently responsible for all of it. I have fought through very difficult life experiences to get where I am today and I do not want to give up. Anything donated above what I will use for tuition and books will be donated to other students who face similar financial difficulty. Please help me fulfill my dreams so I may continue to learn and help others. You can either donate here or directly to my account at the university. Thank you for you time and consideration. This is a personal friend of mine who does need help getting through graduate school. She is graduating in two weeks, but running out of resources. Not only am I trying to help her raise funds, but I also want others to know they can create their own account through gofundme if they need to. I was not aware of gofundme until she told me about it. It's a good resource to have as you can create accounts for many reasons, not just college funds. Create it for yourself, or create it for someone else you know. This is not a typical post I would share on this blog, but want to help my bestie out, and others as well. There is a tab at the top of the page that will take you to gofundme to help or begin your own.

No comments:

Post a Comment