Saturday, March 28, 2015

Review: The Girl With All The Gifts by M.R. Carey

The Girl With All the Gifts: Extended Free PreviewThe Girl With All the Gifts: Extended Free Preview by M.R. Carey
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Melanie is a very special girl. Dr Caldwell calls her "our little genius." Every morning, Melanie waits in her cell to be collected for class. When they come for her, Sergeant keeps his gun pointing at her while two of his people strap her into the wheelchair. She thinks they don't like her. She jokes that she won't bite, but they don't laugh. Melanie loves school. She loves learning about spelling and sums and the world outside the classroom and the children's cells. She tells her favorite teacher all the things she'll do when she grows up. Melanie doesn't know why this makes Miss Justineau look sad. THE GIRL WITH ALL THE GIFTS is a sensational thriller, perfect for fans of Stephen King, Justin Cronin and Neil Gaiman. I really enjoyed this book. It has a little bit of everything to offer, and kept me on edge, so I had to push through. This is the first book that I've read in awhile that did not waste much time on the love interest aspect. This book is definitely original, and I'm excited to watch the movie whenever it is released. Everyone should read this book. Writing style reminded me most times of Elizabeth Flock's in What Happened to my Sister. The Girl With All The Gifts is well written, unique, and recommendable. The characters are fantastic and the ending had me thinking... this is frightening, and HOW CREEPY WOULD THAT BE. Even if zombies are not your thing- read this. This is a gem, loved it! :) http://lovemebooksandstuffblog.blogsp...

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment